Services for the community
The Minnetonka Police Department offers a number of services available to the community:
- Police Department Tours
- Take a tour of the police department, including the holding cell, the room where arrested persons are photographed and fingerprinted, as well as the dispatch center.
- These can be designed to meet your group’s specific needs. Possible presentations include senior safety, how to avoid scams and identity theft, home security, child safety, and information about calling 9-1-1.
- Business Crime Prevention
- An investigator can give a presentation to a business’s staff regarding how to respond during a robbery. Mock robberies can also be arranged to educate staff on proper procedures.
- Premise Surveys
- A home or business property can be evaluated to determine vulnerable points that may lead to a burglary. Participants are given recommendations on how to improve security and minimize chances of being a victim of a burglary.
- Managers can receive a monthly report of police calls for service at their rental/condo property. A variety of crime prevention brochures are available that can be added to welcome packets for new residents or distributed to current residents.
If you are interested in working with the police department to utilize one of these services, please contact Nicole Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.939.8546.
Minnetonka Police patches or badges are not available to the public.
There are many police patch and badge collectors all over the world. Our web site generates hundreds of requests for patches and badges each month.
Unfortunately, we are unable to honor those requests.