Minnetonka Summer Festival
The 36th Annual Summer Festival and Burwell House Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social is Saturday, June 22, and an exciting variety of events await you, your friends and your family!
Run in the 8K race and Tot Trot, take a tour of the Burwell House and attend a dedication of the new pedestrian bridge at Minnetonka Mills Park, browse the arts and crafts fair, see a police K9 demonstration and end the day with a fantastic fireworks display!
For those who enjoy music, we have a little something for everyone. Enjoy performances by the Music Association of Minnetonka, Medicine Show Band, Hopkins Westwind Concert Band, Grammy-award winners The Okee Dokee Brothers and Synergy.
For more information call Recreation Services at 952.939.8203.
Additional activities will be held the same day at the Burwell House Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social on the Burwell House grounds.
Restrooms are available on the Civic Center Campus in Ice Arenas A and B, the police department, city hall and the community center; and on the grounds of the Burwell House.
Please note: This schedule is subject to change. For weather information, call 952.939.TELL (8355). In event of inclement weather, this hotline will provide information about the status of live performances and the fireworks display. Should the fireworks be cancelled, the make-up date is the Fire Department and City Open House Tuesday, October 8.
Also, follow the city on Twitter (@MinnetonkaMN) for information or alerts about the Ice Cream Social and Summer Festival.
8K (5 Mile) Race:
7:30 a.m., $20 ($25 Race Day)
Call 952.939.8203 to register by phone or online through Destination Recreation or www.active.com for the 8K. Race day registration is available beginning at 6:30 a.m. The race begins and ends in front of the Minnetonka Ice Arena on the Civic Center Campus. The 8K race is run on a certified course in a scenic wooded area with rolling hills and is police patrolled. Two water stations are provided.
Ages 2–8, 4 p.m., free
This free event for boys and girls ages 2 through 8 takes place in the Minnetonka Ice Arena parking lot and is approximately ½–2 blocks long (distance dependent upon age). No registration is required, but please check in at the Summer Festival Information Tent. All participants will receive a race number at the start line and a medal at the finish line. Come for the race and stay for all of the Summer Festival activities!
All activities are free, excluding food. Restrooms are available in Ice Arena A and B, Police Department, City Hall, Community Center, and on the Summer Festival grounds
Civic Center Grounds
- 4 p.m.
- Children’s Tot Trot
(see additional information under Sporting Events)
- Children’s Tot Trot
- 4–5 p.m.
- Fire Department Open House
- 4–7 p.m.
- Minnetonka Police display
- 4–7:30 p.m.
- Caricaturists: Have your likeness created by professional artists—free to kids of all ages!
- 4–8 p.m.
- Petting Zoo: Come and pet your favorite farm animals
- Pony Rides: Cowboys and cowgirls, come ride your favorite pony!
- 4–9 p.m.
- Recreation Services Tent: Face painting, kids’ arts & crafts.
- Bungy Trampoline (sponsored by Lake Minnetonka Orthodontics)
- Animal Kingdom
- Kraken Ship
- Adrenaline Rush
- Circus City
- Vertical climbing wall
- Sports challenge
- Water wars
- Train rides
- Wacky hairdos
- 4–10 p.m.
- Food & Fun: A variety of food and beverages available to purchase.
- 5:30 p.m.
- Police K-9 demonstration
- 5:30–7:30 p.m.
- Try out the fire extinguisher simulator
- Free ice skating and skate rental (Minnetonka Ice Arena)
- 8–10 p.m.
- Special sale of neon glo sticks and necklaces!
- 10 p.m.
- Fireworks! The grand finale—a spectacular finish to a great day!
- 5:45—6:30 p.m.
- The Okee Dokee Brothers : Grammy Award-winning children’s band
- 6:50—7 p.m.
- Announcements by Minnetonka Council Member Brad Wiersum
- 7—10:45 p.m.
- Featured show: Synergy, featuring classic, swing, Mo-town, 70’s and 80’s disco and today’s chart toppers.
Community Center Activities
- 4:30–7:30 p.m.
- Performances by the Music Association of Minnetonka
- 4:30 p.m.
- Choral Reflections & Symphony Chorus
- 5:30 p.m.
- Concert Choir & Chamber Choir
- 6:30 p.m.
- Minnetonka Symphony Orchestra