Annual Photo Contest
City photo contest entries due Friday, September 7
The city of Minnetonka and the Minnetonka Community Commission are hosting the annual photo contest in conjunction with the Fire Department and City Open House. Below are this year’s contest rules!
- Photographers must be residents of Minnetonka.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Photos must be appropriate for posting in city government publications. Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed model release form.
- Entries may be digital images or color or black-and-white prints. You are encouraged to submit a digital image. See specific rules regarding digital images.
- Prints must be labeled with name and address. If submitting multiple entries, number each print to match a corresponding entry form.
- Up to three entries may be submitted.
- Submit each photo in one of three categories:
- Lifestyle Minnetonka (cityscapes, people, activities)
- Natural Minnetonka (landscapes, plants)
- Wild Minnetonka (animals, pets)
- Photos will not be returned and become the property of the city of Minnetonka to be used in city publications.
Digital images should be emailed to email@example.com or submitted on a CD. Images should be submitted in JPG (high quality) or TIFF format. Please submit digital images at the original size and resolution at which they were taken.
Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
All photos must be submitted by Friday, September 7, at 4:30 p.m.
A first-, second-, and third-place entry will be selected. In addition, a People’s Choice Award will be chosen by attendees at the Oct. 9 Open House. Winning photos will be published on the city website and in the Minnetonka Memo; and a certificate of appreciation will be presented to the winners at a city council meeting.