How to apply
Thank you for your interest in working for the city of Minnetonka. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Applications are only accepted for current job openings and through the online process. Paper applications or resumes are not accepted.
We hope the following information helps you through the application process:
- Visit the Current Job Openings page to view current employment opportunities and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Resumes, cover letters, and other documents may be attached to the application but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed city application form. Be sure to provide all the requested information.
- If you require assistance and/or accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact Human Resources.
Interview and Examinations
- Each application is carefully reviewed and scored and a decision made as to who will be interviewed for the job opening. Be sure to check the email you provided with your application for updates regarding your status in the selection process.
- Offers of employment may be subject to a criminal history check, driver’s license check, verification of employment history, education and references, psychological career assessment, drug test, physical examination, credit check, and additional skills, knowledge and ability testing.
- Regular, full-time and part-time appointments are subject to successful completion of an established probationary period.
- The city will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or membership or activity in a local commission.