Employee benefit summary
Benefits provided to all regular full-time and part-time benefit earning employees:
(Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- 10 days paid vacation per year, increases over time
- 12 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 additional floating holidays per year
- Employer/employee paid pension through PERA
- Employee assistance program
- M.E.R.I.T. pay program
- Deferred compensation plans
- Health club membership discount
- Health care and dependent day care reimbursement account programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Credit union membership
- Day care discount
- Retiree health savings plan program
(Provided to all regular full-time employees)
- Monthly city contribution toward a cafeteria plan of benefits
- An additional monthly contribution for wellness program participation
- Money left over can be kept as cash
- Basic term life insurance policy paid by the city
- Long-term disability insurance
- Menu of benefits to choose from:
- Several medical options—all provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
- Long-term care
- Short-term disability
- Supplemental & dependent life insurance
- Teamsters legal defense fund (for police officers and sergeants)
For more information about benefits contact Human Resources at 952.939.8200
Health Rewards Program
This is a program developed by the employee Health Rewards Committee. It is an optional program free to employees.
The Health Rewards program begins with the employee completing a confidential personal health assessment. The personal health report is intended to provide information about the employee’s health risks and help them develop an action plan to make healthy lifestyle changes.
The program consists of activities in the areas of preventative health, nutrition, wellness, healthy lifestyles, fitness and safety. A tracking card helps employees keep track of the activities completed throughout the year that are needed to meet the goals of the program.
Conferences and Training
The city of Minnetonka is committed to employee development. Each department has a goal of providing at least 16 hours of annual professional development opportunities for each employee. Most departments exceed this goal.
The Employees In Action Committee sponsors several employee social events each year including:
- Employee recognition luncheon (February)
- Employee picnic (summer)
- Charitable giving campaign (fall)
- Holiday buffet (December)