Located in Hennepin County just eight miles west of Minneapolis, Minnetonka is a fully developed suburban community of 49,374 residents (2010 Census), making it the 17th largest city in Minnesota. Here are some more facts about Minnetonka:
- Number of Households (2010)
- Median Household Income (2009)
- Median Home Sales Price (2010)
- Median Single Family Home Value (2011)
- Average Annual Property Tax (2010)
- Average Monthly Rent (2009)
- The average household size is 2.3 persons
- 75% of the housing units in Minnetonka are owner-occupied and 25% are rental units
- The median home sales price in Minnetonka in 2010 was $325,000. In 1992 it was $140,000.
- 16.2% of Minnetonka residents work in Minnetonka
- The median family income in 2009 was $103,156
- Over 44% of the population in Minnetonka is age 55 and older
For more statistical information about Minnetonka, please visit any of the following:
- Minnetonka Crime Statistics
- U.S. Census Bureau
This four-page Adobe Acrobat document lists information about Minnetonka that was gathered in the 2000 United States Census.
- Minnesota Properties and Community Profiles
Offers a community profile of each city in Minnesota, including Minnetonka.
- Metropolitan Council