City residents have convenient access to metropolitan interstates, including I-494, which forms a beltway around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, and I-394, an east-west route between the western suburbs and Minneapolis. Minnetonka is about 25 minutes from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
I-394 includes a reversible high-occupancy-vehicle (HOV) lane, which creates a priority route for buses and car pool vehicles during peak traffic hours. Recently, the MnPASS toll system was implemented on this road, allowing single-passenger vehicles to use the road for a fee. Park-and-ride lots are conveniently located on I-394 in Minnetonka so that drivers may park their vehicles for the day and catch the bus into downtown.
- 494 Commuter Services
- Call 952.848.4947 to learn about free commuting resources for commuters and employers.
- Minnesota highway road conditions
- Call 651.405.6030 or 651.284.0511 for updates on the condition of Minnesota roads
- Metro Mobility
- Metro Transit
- 612.373.3333 (customer service)
- 612.341.4BUS or 612.341.4287 (automated bus schedule information line,)